TCS New York City Marathon and Team NYJLNovember 6, 2016
*Image courtesy of New York Road Runners.
On November 6, a group of NYJL volunteers and supporters will run the TCS New York City Marathon in support of the New York Junior League! They have committed to training for the 26.2-mile journey while raising funds to support the NYJL. Team NYJL has a collective fundraising goal of $59,000—all of which will support the charitable activities of the NYJL.
Former NYJL volunteer, now Junior League of Los Angeles volunteer
“I’m running for the NYJL, because what they do for the city is admirable. We should all pitch in to further develop these community efforts.”
Active, Archives and Photography
“I just completed Provisional Training last spring. When I heard there was a marathon team I might be able to join, it was a no-brainer!”
Child Health & Welfare Council Head
“Knowing my efforts will go back to the NYJL and support all of the wonderful things our volunteers do in the community gives new meaning to all of my training.”
|Elizabeth Garber Daniels
“I enjoyed running on Team NYJL last year, so I signed up for Year Two because of these fond memories. It was so great having the NYJL cheer stations to help us power through.”
Sustainer, Nominating Committee & Financial Advisory Committee
“Finishing a marathon is exhilarating, and in the end, a mindset where everything is within your reach and nothing is untouchable.”
NYJL Communications Associate
“I am uniquely privileged to see a 360-degree view of this organization and the incredible work our volunteers do. I’m looking forward to fundraising to help further grow our impact and our mission!”
“I love to run, I love the Junior League, and I love a challenge!”
“The NYJL helped me plant roots in New York City. And being a third generation Junior League volunteer, I am honored to run with Team NYJL!”
“Running is relaxing and keeps me in shape. A friend who is a volunteer asked me to run the marathon for the NYJL.”
Active, Nonprofit Boards Clearinghouse
“I am running for the NYJL, because the tradition of caring about the community is wonderful and in more need today than ever. I also love the hands-on experience and the leadership training to boot!“
Active, New Membership
“This is my chance to give a little back to an organization that has given me so much. The NYJL helped me build friendships and gave structure to my volunteer work.”
“Running is the perfect balance – it challenges and relaxes me. I’m running with NYJL to fundraise and meet new friends!”
Team NYJL Coach
- Jess Underhill holds an MS in Exercise Science/Health Promotion and is UESCA certified Run Coach. Jess is also a graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. With an extensive background in running, Jess has fused this with her knowledge of sports science to create Race Pace Wellness, a run coaching practice to help individuals of all levels attain their running and personal wellness goals. More specifically, Jess is involved in all aspects of her client’s training practices including nutrition, strategy, pacing and training program development.
Team NYJL Gear
- Show your support for our TCS New York City Marathon team by wearing an official Team NYJL Supporter T-shirt and hat. The unisex 100% cotton T-shirts are available in small, medium, large and extra-large. The Team NYJL hats are a lightweight brushed cotton twill and are embroidered. Complement your T-shirt and hat with a Junior League cowbell and be sure to cheer on our runners on November 6. T-shirts are $26.20 and cowbells are $5. Please indicate your preferred T-shirt size (S, M, L, XL) during the checkout process. Following your purchase, the NYJL will contact you to arrange pickup of your Team NYJL gear.
Team NYJL Brunch
- Join us on Saturday, November 5 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the NYJL’s Astor House for a celebratory marathon send-off brunch.
- President Suzanne E. Manning will recognize each of the runners for their dedication to this important fundraising campaign, and Team NYJL Run Coach Jess Underhill will highlight the team’s commitment to training for one of the world’s premier marathons.
- This event is open to all NYJL volunteers along with their friends and family.