NYJL’s Volunteer Education and Training (VET) program builds on volunteers’ skills through hands-on workshops, expert panels, committee assignments, and leadership positions that focus on timely community issues and practical skills for managing a nonprofit organization. These trainings concentrate on four core areas important to NYJL volunteers’ work: community, fundraising, volunteer experience, and strategy and communications.
The VET program also addresses topics that uniquely impact women’s personal and professional lives, including mental and physical health, time management, self care, and work/life balance.
Past VET sessions have focused on:
- Topics on diversity, equity, and inclusion: unconscious bias, compassionate conversations, stereotypes
- Women in politics
- Fundraising best practices
- Building confidence
- Difficult conversations
- Personal health tips during COVID
- Presentation skills
- Mental health advocacy and awareness
- Social media and brand management
VET was recognized with the 2023 AJLI AJLI Leadership Development Award for its Volunteer Education and Training (VET) program. This award was granted by the AJLI in acknowledgment of the New York Junior League’s exemplary efforts to develop the potential of League Members to be effective community and civic leaders through training and education – a goal at the very core of The Junior League Mission.
- Learn more here: New York Junior League Wins 2023 AJLI Leadership Development Award