Jobs at the New York Junior League
The New York Junior League is an organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
Development and Communications Intern
The New York Junior League is seeking a current college student or current graduate student who is interested in serving as a Development and Communications Intern for college credit. They would provide a wide range of database, administrative, fundraising events, and general support to the NYJL’s Development and Communications team.
In return, the NYJL will provide an opportunity for the intern to gain valuable experience and familiarity with areas such as development, fundraising events, Annual Fund, and development communications as well as the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization that is invested in the future of New York City. The Development and Communications Intern will report to the Director of Development and Communications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Development staff in planning and executing events and other activities including entering and cleaning data on the NYJL’s database.
- Conduct research on potential corporate partners and corporate matching gifts.
- Assist the Communications team with social media content building.
- Attend department and staff meetings.
- Assist with mailings, filing, and special projects as needed.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong writing and research abilities.
- Desire to learn more about development and communications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment to the NYJL’s mission and values.
- Experience with Digital Cheetah desired but not required.
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Canva is desired but not required.
- Experience working with Hootsuite desired but not required.
For more information or to apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Position is available immediately.
|The New York Junior League is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, upgrade, train, and promote for all positions and job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital, veteran or disabled veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other status as a member of any other legally protected group or activity.|