The 68th Annual Winter Ball
Saturday, February 29, 2020
Chelsea Piers, 23rd Street and West Side Highway, New York, NY
Winter Ball is a special event, bringing together volunteers, family, and friends to honor recipients of our Outstanding Sustainer and Outstanding Volunteer Awards, the New York Junior League’s highest honor. Our largest fundraiser also celebrates both our community projects and our women volunteers who dedicate themselves to improving communities in New York City.
Since 1952, the Winter Ball has helped raise essential funds for the NYJL’s vital community programs while featuring the presentation of NYJL’s highest awards to seven volunteers who have demonstrated an exceptional commitment to volunteerism and our community. Winter Ball proceeds make our community work possible.
Please save the date for the 68th Annual Winter Ball in 2020!
2020 Outstanding Sustainers
Rosemarie E. Dackerman
2020 Outstanding Volunteers
Olivia M. Leon
2020 Announcement Party
Friday, November 15 • 7:00–9:00 p.m.
Astor House, 130 East 80th Street, New York, NY 10075
$75 • General Admission Purchase Tickets
Each year the NYJL hosts a reception to publicly announce the honorees of our Outstanding Sustainer and Outstanding Volunteer awards. Hosted this year by the Engagement Events committee, this event kicks off our season of celebrating their work, culminating in a formal celebration at our annual Winter Ball.
Attend the Ball
$750 • Harriman Circle Benefactor VIP Purchase Tickets
Harriman Circle ticket holders enjoy a Winter Ball experience curated to make this a night to remember! The Harriman Circle level includes exclusive benefits from beginning to end – starting with an intimate pre-dinner cocktail reception, delicious three course meal, access to a private lounge during the dessert & dancing portion of the evening, and a VIP gift bag. Purchase tickets or pledge for Harriman Circle by December 3, 2019 to be listed on the 2020 Winter Ball Invitation. Click here for the Harriman Circle pledge form.
$500 • Advance Dinner Admission Purchase Tickets
Avail yourself of reduced pricing through February 14, 2018 at 5:00 p.m., when tickets increase to $525. Dinner guests will begin the night with a cocktail reception at 7 p.m., experience a delectable three course meal, and take part in the evening program and live auction. This memorable evening continues on the dance floor with lively music to bring you to your feet while you enjoy views of the Hudson River and an assortment of exquisite sweets!
$250 • Dessert & Dancing Admission Purchase Tickets
Guests for our dessert & dancing portion of the evening are invited to join us at 9:30 p.m. to celebrate the excitement of the evening by dancing the night away to the sounds of our acclaimed band in a breathtaking waterfront setting. Desserts will be served to satisfy your sweet tooth and excite your palate.
$9,000 • Gold Benefactor VIP Table Purchase Table
Guests at a Gold Benefactor table experience the VIP treatment throughout the evening, receiving benefits and preferred seating for 10 guests at the Harriman Circle level. This notable contribution will be honored with table signage; a full page, black and white ad in the Winter Ball Journal; and recognition in the Winter Ball Journal. Reserve a Gold Benefactor VIP Individual Table by December 3, 2019 to be listed on the 2020 Winter Ball Invitation.
$6,500 • Silver Benefactor VIP Table Purchase Table
Silver Benefactor tables enjoy this special evening with preferred seating for 10 dinner guests, attending the general cocktail reception as well as gaining access to the festive dessert & dancing portion of the evening. This notable contribution will be honored with table signage; a half page, black and white ad in the Winter Ball Journal; and donor recognition in the Winter Ball Journal. Reserve a Silver Benefactor Individual Table by December 3, 2019 to be listed on the 2020 Winter Ball Invitation.
- For questions about attending the Winter Ball, please contact email@example.com.
Winter Ball Schedule of Events
- 6:30 p.m. • Harriman Circle Benefactor Reception
7:00 p.m. • Cocktails and Silent Auction
8:00 p.m. • Dinner, Awards Presentation, Live Auction
9:30 p.m. • Dessert and Dancing
Winter Ball Journal
- Friends, family, and supporters of our honorees are invited to purchase congratulatory ads in the 2020 Winter Ball Journal, a 100+ page souvenir publication distributed at the event to every dinner guest. Honorees treasure this document for the messages of support and celebration which it includes! the Journal includes commemorative ads, the event program for the evening, biographies of the honorees, highlights of the NYJL’s community work, and a preview of the live auction.
- Two types of ads are available:
Friends and Family Ad: Purchase Ad
- Features a single black and white photo and four lines of text for $500.
Tribute Ad: Purchase Ad
- Allows more flexibility in design; prices vary based on color, size, layout, and design. Please contact Katie Piccininni for more information.
Journal ads must be purchased by Wednesday, January 15, 2020 for publication.
Support the Ball
- Our Fundraising success would not be possible without the support of corporate sponsors and individual donors. You can support the 2020 Winter Ball and our community work in the following ways through a direct donation:
- To learn more about supporting the NYJL as a 2020 Winter Ball Sponsor, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Traveling To and From Pier Sixty
- We recommend visiting Pier Sixty’s website for specifics on travel to the venue from various points in and around Manhattan. Taxis and other cars should enter Pier Sixty according to the venue’s posted directions. For pedestrians, Pier Sixty is located off 11th Avenue and 19th Street, and street crossings for 11th Avenue are located at 18th and 20th Streets.
- We strongly encourage guests to download rideshare or taxi-hailing apps such as Arro, Gett, Juno, Lyft, Uber, or Via, prior to arriving at Pier Sixty. The use of these apps will facilitate an easier departure from Pier Sixty. Winter Ball volunteers will be available at the end of the evening to assist guests with requesting cars on these apps.