GET INVOLVED, VOLUNTEER EARLY EVENTS (GIVE EVENTS)
It’s never too early to teach your kids how to give back!
The JJL hosts Get Involved, Volunteer Early Events (GIVE Events) to teach principles of philanthropy and promote family volunteerism to preschool and elementary aged New York City children. GIVE Events are designed to be educational, dynamic, and engaging. Children learn about philanthropy, develop their philanthropic interests, and participate in different types of volunteer activities. Additionally, the events provide parents and their children with meaningful opportunities to do philanthropic work together. The JJL co-hosts GIVE Events with NYJL committees, NYJL community partners, and outside community partners. All GIVE Events are free of charge.
**Due to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation, all Jr. Junior League activities will be virtual until further notice.**
These events are open to NYJL members and the public (subject to pre-screening questions).
Jr. Junior League • Story Time REGISTER HERE
Tuesday, March 23 • 4:30–5:15pm
Join Jr. Junior League for an interactive lesson on Zoom where children will learn values of philanthropy through an engaging story. After a short lesson, the children will apply their new knowledge by making cards for one of NYJL’s community partners.
Geared towards children, ages 4 to 10. Registration is free of charge, but card making materials will not be provided. Please have cards/paper and arts and crafts supplies—such as markers, crayons, and stickers—available.
Previous in-person events have included the following activities:
- Making sandwiches for NY Common Pantry
- Maintaining the beauty of our shared space with Central Park Conservation
- Junior Playground Improvement Project (PIP) Day
- Assembling gift bags full of books for families in the Mount Sinai Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) over the holidays
- Table setting for St. James Friday Night Dinner Service and assembling toiletry kits for their patrons
- Delivering meals with Carter Burden Center