Forum for Nonprofits Registration Scholarship
Wednesday, April 25, 2018 • 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
NYJL Headquarters, 130 East 80th Street, New York, NY 10075
The New York Junior League is committed to serving our Community Partners with direct client service and organizational capacity building. We understand that our partners range from large to small nonprofits with limited resources, and we do our best to ensure that our opportunities are accessible to you all. Thanks to our sponsor CCS Fundraising, each organization may apply for one of seven registration scholarships to attend the forum at no cost.
Applications are due Monday, April 16. We will notify registration scholarship recipients by Wednesday, April 18.
CCS Registration Scholarship Apply now
Apply for a registration scholarship by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information by Monday, April 16:
• Applicant name, title, email address, and phone number
• Organization name and mission
• Organization size and annual operating budget
• What you hope to gain from this year’s Forum for Nonprofits.
About CCS Fundraising
- CCS is a strategic fundraising firm that partners with nonprofits for transformational change. They plan, manage, and implement programs that achieve fundraising goals and mission impact.
Upcoming Conference: Forum for Nonprofits
- The New York Junior League hosts an annual conference designed for small to medium nonprofit organizations in the New York City area dedicated to addressing key issues facing both nonprofits and the communities they serve. Now in its 16th year, the Forum for Nonprofits conference features expert-led workshops and panel discussions. Past topics have included volunteer retention, technology trends, best practices for recruitment and training, and utilizing social media in a nonprofit environment.
2018 Focus: It Starts with I
Impact, innovation, inclusion—these three key ideas all start with the individuals who work for, volunteer with, and support the nonprofit organization. Join us for presentations, panel forums, working sessions, and small interactive workshops that will educate and inspire you.
IMPACT: Real Stories, Real People
Can your volunteers, staff, donors, and board members share your nonprofit’s impact story to others in a compelling way? This session discusses the art of storytelling for nonprofits to build a stronger community, increase fundraising effectiveness, and turn your donors into champions for your cause. Learn how to incorporate data into your narrative and apply these lessons to effectively share your story with stakeholders.
INNOVATION: Rock Your Social Media Presence
Learn how to build effective social media pages for your nonprofit. Work with seasoned social media experts to develop engaging content, leverage your network to make valuable connections, and influence your community to volunteer or donate. Learn how to use social media analytics to understand trends that may apply to your cause.
INCLUSION: Build Inclusion and Diversity into Your Nonprofit’s Mission and Board of Directors
This workshop explores ways to build the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion into your nonprofit’s mission and operations. Explore the ways diversity and inclusion are critical to high performing boards and how your board can fulfill diversity and inclusion goals.
Bonus! INDIVIDUAL: I (You!)
Dive deep into your specific questions and hear expert opinions targeted to your unique circumstances.