The New York Junior League launches its first-ever Around the Community, Around the Clock initiative in honor of our 115th Anniversary
In honor of our 115th Anniversary, the New York Junior League will be performing 115 hours of continuous service to the New York City community, and we need YOU to make this a success!
For 115 hours, from 9:00 a.m. on October 14 through 6:00 a.m. on October 19, we’ll be working in the community non-stop.
All New York Junior League volunteers and friends are invited to sign up for Around the Community, Around the Clock projects.
In total Around the Community, Around the Clock will encompass:
- 115 hours of community service
- 27 Community Partners
- 32 Individual Projects
- 21 NYJL Committees
- Over 300 volunteers (NYJL and others)
Shifts run from as little as 1 hour to as long as 4-6 hours, and are located in all different areas of Manhattan – east side, west side, uptown, downtown – or even virtually! During the day, overnight, weekday, weekend – there are options to fit every schedule so grab a friend and sign up now!
Sample community projects include:
- Building kits to send to the Armed Forces with the Red Cross.
- Answering calls in the Red Cross’s Emergency Control Center, which dispatches aid teams to assist New Yorkers in emergency situations.
- Riding along with the Red Cross’s Disaster Action Team to provide comfort and direct assistance to help New Yorkers in emergency situations.
- Working in the Donation Room at Win (Women in Need) to process donations for some of the more than 4,700 people that Win helps provide shelter for.
- Helping with the opening ceremony of the Avon 39 Run, a division of the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade, which focuses on care and seeks to help people across the continuum of breast cancer;
- Decorating holiday bags for God’s Love We Deliver, an organization that prepares and delivers nutritious meals to people who are unable to provide or prepare meals for themselves because they are living with cancer, HIV/AIDS, and other serious illness.
Note, this is a kid-friendly event! We will be decorating the bags at the New York Junior League headquarters on East 80th Street and encourage volunteers to bring their children
- And MUCH MORE! Take a look online to see all the different community projects and to sign up!