AJLI Organizational Development Institute
Do you want to represent the New York Junior League and enhance our internal and external impact? If you’re looking to help the NYJL become a stronger organization and build connections with other Leagues, consider attending an AJLI ODI. The NYJL is looking to send two leaders from different backgrounds to optimize the learning experience for both individuals and for our organization. If interested, please read more below and on the AJLI website and submit an application by January 15 at 5:00 p.m.
- Organizational Development Institute
February 22–24, 2019
St. Petersburg, Florida
Note that while there are three AJLI ODIs this volunteer year, the NYJL will only be participating in the February ODI.
The NYJL covers the following expenses:
- • Air travel to and from St. Petersburg
• Lodging for two nights at the Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront
• Early bird delegate registration fees.
All other expenses are covered by the NYJL member.
What are ODIs?
- Organizational Development Institutes (or ODIs) are AJLI leadership development meetings that provide Junior League members with mission-based training in key areas critical to the healthy functioning of a League. At ODIs, delegates build organizational capacity by learning about the following:
• Innovative approaches to developing Junior League members as effective volunteer leaders in their communities
• Powerful ways to design community programs and partnerships that have significant impact
• Strategies for sustainable and diversified fund development
• Keys to building strong internal operational controls
• New approaches that enable the League to be governed strategically and effectively
• Ways to build relationships, engagement, and understanding through marketing and communications
• Leading The Junior League to be more diverse and inclusive.
Who should apply to attend?
- ODIs are designed for current or future leaders of a Junior League. The NYJL is accepting applications only from those who are currently serving or have previously served as a co-chair.
What’s the objective?
- The NYJL wants to support our leaders by providing better access to AJLI resources and networks. We are eager to learn from others and want you to help us build a better organization.
ODIs provide Leagues with the knowledge and skills necessary to enhance their League’s internal and external impact. A cross-functional team approach allows Leagues to benefit from all tracks and establishes a strong core of common understanding among League leaders of key organizational development policies, procedures, practices, and issues.
What’s the commitment?
- By submitting an application, you agree if selected you will attend the AJLI ODI for the full duration from February 22 to 24, 2019. The Opening Plenary begins at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, February 22, and the Closing Plenary concludes at 12:00 p.m. on Sunday, February 24.
Upon returning, both delegates will meet with the President and Executive Vice President to debrief and determine an appropriate plan of action based on our collective learning. They will also present to the Board of Directors at the April, May, or June board meeting.
ODI registration must be completed in coordination with NYJL staff by January 31, 2019.
How can you learn more?
- Peruse the agenda to learn more about what will be offered at the AJLI ODI.
Ready to step up?
- We’re excited to share this opportunity with you.
Complete your application by January 15 at 5:00 p.m.
- If you have any questions, please email Charlene Chuang, Executive Vice President, at email@example.com.